Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Australian Bag Outfitters' Laptop Bag - I want one...NOT!

I was in the discount store the other day. I can't remember if it was Ross or TJ Maxx (because I went to both), but I was perusing the useless-junk-I-don't-need section and I came across this:

Ladies and gentlemen the Australian Bag Outfitters (They outfit bags?) present to you the Laptop Bag! (Creative name mate! Give your marketing guy a raise!)
Obviously these ABO folks have never been to Australia, because if they had they would know that an "abbo" (according to urbandictionary.com) is:

A very disrespectful slang term for an indigenous Australian. Not ever used in polite conversation. "I went to the mall and got humbugged by some drunken abbo."

Seriously? I mean I know your company is ABO Gear and I'm no linguist, but I'm pretty sure ABBO and ABO are pronounced the same way. I also enjoy the fact that this Australian bag is "Hand-crafted in India." I guess there is a reason it was in the discount store.

1 comment:

  1. "The perfect Eco-Friendly Product." Yes, to tote your electricity sucking, global-warming contributing laptop to wherever it is you need to tote it to, which is probably some distance from where you're at right now and, thus, widening your carbon footprint to epic proportions.

    ReplyDelete