Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy MLK Day!

No, that's not an abbreviation for Happy Milk Day. It is an abbreviation for Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! I do find it strange that MLK Jr.'s birthday somehow always falls on a Monday. That musta stunk when, after a relaxing weekend, he had to go into work on his birthday. Do you think Martin Luther King Jr. ever called in sick on his Birthday-Monday?

In on slightly more serious note, I am taking some time to relax today and put to use one of my new favorite toys (I bought it for a steal of a deal from Ross for only 24.99): the BIG pot!

In order to properly christen the BIG pot, I am making (to my best recollection because he won't give a wrriten recipe) Grandpa Pete's world famous recipe for spaghetti sauce.

Full report on the results to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Grandpop Pete, like all great cooks, becomes evasive when you try to pin him down. (My mother-in-law is the same way; she always manages to change the subject when you ask her how she does her fried chicken.) Yours, like mine, probably doesn't taste like his. I think he's purposely sabotaging us. Laughs like heck when he thinks of us trying to duplicate his recipe. Suckas!

    ReplyDelete