Wednesday, January 27, 2010

PETA is After the Groundhog's Job

Grab your guns groundhogs! PETA and its followers have officially lost their minds. They're trying to take your job.
I read an article today that explained how PETA wants to give your job to... no not illegal immigrants.... but to a robot because they think you get too "stressed."

Are you kidding me? I mean... common, seriously?

That groundhog is treated better than most kids! Hey, don't get mad at me, I didn't say it. William Deeley, president of the Inner Circle of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club, says the animal is kept in a climate-controlled environment and is "being treated treated better than the average child in Pennsylvania."

PETA's letter to Mr. Deeley compares using animatronic groundhogs for Groundhog Day to using animatronic dinosaurs in the "Walking With Dinosaurs, the Live Experience." There is one small flaw in their logic: dinosaurs have been dead for 65 million years! And I'm sure if dinosaurs were still alive, someone would have found a way to put too much "stress" on them too. But then again, I might have something else to write about.

So keep up the good work PETA, I can say I was entertained. Probably not the desired effect you were looking for, was it?

Here is a link to the whole article and the letter from PETA.

No comments:

Post a Comment