Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to the New Blog!

Good morning everyone, and welcome to my new blog obviously entitled "Seriously Mike Roach"

I've decided to get back into blogging for a number of reasons (Most of which are selfish. But hey what human actions aren't influenced by some sort of self-rewarding motivation?). Some of you may remember about a year and a half ago I had a Travel Blog to document my adventures in Australia as I studied abroad. Well, I can't use that blog anymore because Mike's Travel Blog would be a bit of a misnomer as I have not been able to do much traveling lately. At least not on the scale of going half a world away for 4 months. One of these days I'll have some exciting adventures to publish on that blog, but until then this'll have to do.

On a lighter, less depressing note, my selfish reasons to get back into blogging include :
  • It'll force me to think and read (I normally don't do much of either unless it is a life or death situation or I have an assignment for college).
  • Thinking and reading are what smart people do (I hope blathering on about whatever I deem bather-worthy might help raise my IQ half a point).
  • I wanted to hone my creative talents (finding something interesting enough to write about every day...... er, week..... fortnight......[I haven't yet decided how often I am going to blog, so cut me some slack] should be a fun creative challenge).
  • I stumbled across a blog entry from one of my Uncle's favorite bloggers where he inspired people to Get Excited and Make Things. (Well Mr. Weaton, I am accepting your challenge!).
  • I will hopefully become more self-aware of... well, myself.
  • I hope to showcase some of my other projects (Video, photo, future businesses, etc).
  • Last and certainly not least, I want to be as cool as my Uncle Pete (Uncle Pedro, you can hang your hat on being part of the inspiration behind this. BUT - you may wanna keep your hat on your head, I've noticed your hair ain't what it used to be. You don't want to get a sunburn. Believe me, a sunburn on your head isn't fun).
This should be fun. Now - just to figure out how to link this blog with Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think I'll be following this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your larger presence in the blogosphere. Terrific first post - glad I was able to pass along a few things to help inspire you but, really, you didn't need me. Look how well you did with your travel blog. Love the layout, too. You're living an exciting part of your life - though every part of your life is exciting, you'll find - and this blog'll be the perfect place to document and share it. Stay inspired and keep up the great posts. I've added you to my Google Reader feed because I don't want to miss a thing.

    ReplyDelete